Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Questions about ice cream freezer and typewriter

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi, everybody!

    My mom has a personalized My Twinn, and was wondering what size a couple of AG items were, to see if they were close to 50% scale, since they look similar to items her family had when she was a girl. I was wondering of anyone here could help.

    1) What are the measurements of Addy's/Samantha's Ice Cream Freezer/Maker?

    2) What are the measurements of Kit's typewriter?

    Also, what do you think of each item?

    Oh, it would be so handy if AG would list the measurements online!

    Thank you for your help and for going to the trouble to measure these items! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is a quick pic of my My Twinn doll with Kit's typewriter: MY TWINN with Kit's Typewriter

    Oh, I forgot to add, the typewriter is AMAZING.It is so heavy, it feels so real! It even makes a perfect, crystal clear little "ding".It is great.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 01, 2005 05:53 PM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    UGH I just put the ice cream freezer away! It's big compared to AGs but I don't know how it would look with a My Twinn but it would probably be the right size. I didn't like the new AG one as much as the old PC one I won on ebay. The old one looks like a real antique and it made from real wood and the newer one is not as nice. The wood isn't as heavy and it just didn't look authentic to me.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got my Ice Cream Freezer in about 1999 I think. The bucket is 3 1/2" high and then with the handle up, the total height is 5 3/4" high. The top of the bucket is 3" diameter, the bottom diameter is 2 5/8". The walls of the wood bucket are 11/32" thick (8 1/2 mm).The metal cannister inside is 2 3/8" high and 1 1/2" wide. The cannister holds 4 tablespoons liquid.

    We have made a soft-set ice cream with ours but you do have to follow the directions and don't take shortcuts with time in the freezer or skipping salt used with the ice. The key is keeping it icy cold. So if you're turning the crank and yakking away with friends and not paying attention to the melting ice, your ice cream won't be cold enough. That's what happened the first time I made it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's such a bitty ice cream maker, there's not enough mass to stay cold. If you keep the bucket packed with salt and ice, like the directions say, your ice cream will turn out. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    I gave my dh a little bite of our AG ice cream the other day and he was impressed! He wanted seconds. It was VERY fun to make. We've made mini batches of ice cream 4 times now.

    Be forwarned - if you have one of the older wood ice cream makers, cut from a solid piece of wood, the bottom of the bucket is a bit porous because of the cut of wood grain. So salt water will gradually seep through the bottom of the bucket while making ice cream. I rinsed the bucket out after using but there is still white salt residue in some places in the bottom of the bucket because it got into the wood grain. I think it adds to the charm. [img]wink.gif[/img] I don't know what the ice cream buckets today are like.

    Julia

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks Julia for the tip. I will try to remember that if I ever make ice cream with it.

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you all SO MUCH for going to all this trouble--this is great information! The My Twinn/typewriter photo is great since my mom is a visual person and likes to "see" rather than read. [img]smile.gif[/img] You all helped a while back with the stereoscope, too. She felt it was too small for her My Twinn, but I got it for her for Christmas and she was thrilled. The ice cream freezer and typewriter are possible ideas for my dad for her birthday--we've learned he does well with lists, and it's also more convenient for him than shopping locally.

    I really appreciate this and know she will, too. Thanks again! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •